Well in Queensland it is pouring rain…schools are closing due to flooding and tomorrow, Australia Day is set to be a wet one. The great Aussie BBQ will no doubt be cancelled for most and the question of what to do with the kids is sending most Mum’s into a flap!!
Ok, so I have done my research this morning (while my boy sleeps..very odd that ..maybe the rain?).
Today I am going to post lots of ideas on FB for Australia Day crafts, recipes and Aussie Movies for the the whole family to enjoy.
So lets start with something I am craving right now!! Damper…with a big dollop of of golden syrup and a nice cup of tea.
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- pinch salt
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees
- Mix all ingredients together into a slightly sticky dough.
- Knead for 1-2 mins
- Add a little more water or flour if needed.
- Shape into an large disk shape on a lightly greased tray.
- Using a sharp floured knife mark 8 wedges on the top.
- Dust with a little extra flour.
- Place on a lightly greased tin and cook in a hot oven for approx 30mins.
- When cooked, it should be hollow if tapped.
Serve with a honey, golden syrup or treacle with a nice cup of warm tea.
Once the kids are all full up on the damper, why not watch some BMX Bandits (with a very young Nicole Kidman) or Crocodile Dundee? I am sure your local video store would still have copies of these.
Anyway…more to come…I need to go and make this damper.