Do you race out the door swallowing a cup of coffee and chomping on a piece of toast?
If so, I used to be in this club too.
The problem for me was that by mid morning I always felt really sluggish and always headed for the sweetest morning tea option I could find. Making me feel even more sluggish by lunch time.
Cue, the realisation I needed to start my day off better by eating a decent breakfast.
I have never been a fan of boxed breakfast cereals. The prices are crazy expensive, and they’re always full of sugar and preservatives.
Enter: A packet of wholegrain oats costing around $4
Now I rarely divert from my bowl of porridge. (Unless Mr MMM makes his awesome poached eggs.)
I use my Thermomix to make my porridge. It takes 11 minutes and if I start it before jumping in the shower by the time I am showered and dressed my breakfast is ready. Efficient much?
Here are my 5 reasons why you should start eating porridge. Pronto.
- Eating porridge may reduce the risk of heart disease and lower cholesterol
- Wholegrain Oats are cheap and can be purchased for around $4.00 a Kg. (you use about 40 gms per serving of porridge)
- A bowl of porridge will make you feel fuller for longer. Perfect for busy Mum’s.
- Porridge is simple and super easy to make. Check out Katie 180’s recipe HERE
- Porridge is delicious and can be served with fresh fruit, frozen fruit, dried fruit, honey, nut, seeds, cinnamon and brown sugar.