I am thinking if you have been following this blog for awhile now, you are sure to know that I love Date Loaf.
Like love love love date loaf with cups of sweet tea.
So here is my latest variation of my very favourite cake, Apple,Date & Ginger Loaf.
270 grams of SR Flour
200 grams of pitted dates
2 Apples (any kind – whatever is in your fruit bowl)
2 teaspoons of ground ginger
50 grams of raw sugar
30 grams of rolled oats
1 teaspoon of bicarb of soda
300 grams of milk
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
1. Chop dates finely.
2. Grate apples.
3. Sift flour into a bowl, add ginger and bicarb of soda.
4. Add rolled oats and raw sugar.
5. Stir in chopped dates and grated apple.
6. Add eggs and stir.
7. Add milk and then stir.
8. Continue stirring until all ingredients are incorporated.
9. Pour into greased/papered loaf tray.
10. Place in oven and cook for 35-40mins.