I have a penchant for collecting old cutlery.
Much of it is silverware and I find it in junk stores under loads of tarnish. This is how I bring it back to life using aluminium foil, bicarbonate soda and hot water.
1. Line your sink with aluminium foil.
2. Lay the silverware down onto the foil.
3. Shake out a generous amount of bicarbonate soda over the silverware.
3. Boil a jug of water and pour into the sink ensuring that all silverware is covered.
4. Leave for 5-10 minutes.
5. The bicarbonate of soda will fizz on the silver wear where it has been affected by tarnish.
5. Remove silverware from sink and polish with a soft cloth.
6. TAAADAHHH … shining silver!