Despite someone feeding our canaries the fresh brocollini that I brought home on Saturday afternoon, I did manage to pull together my goal of making a large summer pasta salad suitable for one dinner and a few lunches.I have even given up my staple tuna sandwich from the hospital canteen for it! (those that know me will be shocked)
Here it is in all it’s delicious glory.
500g Spiral Pasta
1 Large Broccoli Florette
400g Canned Corn
250g Cherry Tomatoes
1 Medium Capsicum (I used yellow)
2 Large Handfuls Of Spinach Leaves
250g Chicken Breasts or Tenderloins
180g Feta Cheese
1 Garlic Clove Crushed
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Cup Of Milk
1/4 Cup Of Mayonnaise
1 Teaspoon Of Basil Pesto
1 Tablespoon of White Vinegar
1.Boil pasta, drain and allow to cool.
2.Cook chicken and allow to cool slightly.
3. Chop all fresh ingredients into small pieces.
4. Place chopped fresh ingredients, along with canned corn and broken up feta into a large mixing bowl.
3. Stir through cooled chicken.
4. Spoon in cooked pasta, stirring through gently as you go.
5. To make dressing just stir through all ingredients in a jug.
6. Once all ingredients are in the bowl pour through dressing.
7. Use a salad fork and spoon to incorporate dressing entirely through the salad.
8. Serve straight up or throw in the fridge for laters.
For other fab pasta salad recipes visit Eating Well. I found this fabulous recipe there but didn’t have all the ingredients and had to make do with a few different things. I have shared my make do recipe but you may prefer theirs :).