This Quinoa Salad with Pineapple and Coriander is DELICIOUS! You must must try. Pineapple is such an amazingly good fruit for you and it tastes sooo good.
2 tbs olive oil
2 cups quinoa
4 cups water
Dash of salt
2 cups fresh pineapple, chopped
1 avocado, peeled and roughly chopped
½ cup red onion finely chopped
½ cup fresh coriander leaves
1 cup cucumber, roughly chopped
Juice of 4 limes
- Wash the quinoa in a fine strainer.
- Place the water, salt and quinoa in a medium pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until water is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl mix all the salad ingredients and set aside.
- Toss the cooked quinoa with the pineapple mixture and serve.
Serves 4 – 6
Australian Pineapples has given my a $150 Woolworths gift voucher for one lucky reader as an incentive to incorporate healthy foods into your shopping trolleys. Horticulture Australia whom runs Australian Pineapples aims to support Aussie growers and educate households on how to enjoy this delicious fruit. Australian Pineapples has recruited Dr Joanna McMillan to represent the industry, and educate Aussies on the importance of a healthy, balanced diet and of course, pineapples. I had a meeting with Dr Joanna last Thursday to discuss my personal diet. You can read about it HERE .
To enter the draw to Win the $150 voucher ….
a Rafflecopter giveaway