My family just loves this Sugar Free Date Loaf Recipe. It is a school lunch box must have and a Mummy Morning Tea must.
The sugar content of this recipe has been removed and replaced with a banana. The cake isn’t sweet but a lovely compliment to a cup of tea. Bananas are definitely a great replacement to sugar. Try them in chocolate cake too. The riper the better too!
2 cups of SR Flour
1 teaspoon of Bicarb of Soda
140 grams of pitted chopped dates
1 cup of Milk
1 ripe banana, mashed
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2.Sift flour and bicarb of soda into a bowl.
3. Stir through chopped dates and mashed banana with a wooden spoon.
4. Add milk and eggs, folding through the mixture until all is combined.
5. Pour cake mixture into a pre-prepared loaf tin.
6. Place in oven for 45 mins.
Allow cake to cool and then slice. Place snack sized portions into snack zip lock bags and freeze. Suitable to be taken out of freezer on the morning cake is required.