It has been so hot here the last few days so I called FRAPPE’ yesterday afternoon and all the kids came running.
Now you will be pleased to hear I have been doing some experimenting with the Vitarium Drink mixes we were sent to trial and have come up with a smashing Ice Chocolate Frappe’ recipe that you are just going to love.
Vitarium Drink Mixes are sweetened with Natvia, a 100% natural stevia sweetener, so just perfect for those trying to reduce or eliminate their sugar intake. Vitarium also make Banana and Strawberry drink mixes which I look forward to trying with this frappe’ recipe.
I used my Thermomix to whip up 4 medium cup sized frappe’s but I am sure you can use a blender and get the same results. It just may take a little longer.
400 grams of Ice
1/2 cup of Vitarium drinking chocolate
100 mls of milk
1. Crush ice and drinking chocolate together to form an ice powder. (TM Speed 9 for 25 seconds)
2. Add milk. (If using TM add while continuing to crush ice.
3. Scrap down sides of bowl to ensure all ingredients are well incorporated.
4. Continue to crush mixture until smooth. (TM Speed 7 for 5 minutes)
5. Serve immediately with a large straw and spoon.
Alternative : Add some cream in a can to the top of glass and dust with Vitarium Drinking chocolate.
(We have some lactose intolerance in our family so avoided the cream and used lactose free milk. Still worked really well and the kids loved it.)
NB. We were gifted a box of Vitarium Sugar Free drink mixes. We love them and think you will too!